Mission & Vision
EcoHOLMEs is a member-led community business with charitable status which has been established to help address and meet housing needs in the Holme Valley. We are creating affordable low-energy homes fit for the future in a climate change world.
We are part of the fast-growing community-led housing network, where local people play a leading role in solving local housing problems, building genuinely affordable homes and creating stronger communities in ways that are difficult through current mainstream housing.
Our mission is simply stated:
“We work with the people of the Holme Valley to create low-energy homes, fit for the future that people can afford “.
Our key messages are:
- We are creating affordability in an environment where mainstream housing is only available to better off people.
- We are member led.
- We are inclusive – for the community’s benefit & charitable.
- We are addressing a need.
- We are part of something much bigger.
- That local people are taking “self responsibility“ for a big issue like housing.
- We are taking climate action.
- We are not wasting resources; we are saving energy.
- We are building homes fit for the future.
- Most importantly – WE ARE building stronger communities.