Board approved 12th March 2020
This privacy statement lets you know what happens to any personal data that you give to us, or any that we may collect from or about you. It applies to all instances where we collect your personal data.
This privacy notice applies to personal information processed by, or on behalf of the Holme Valley Community Land Trust Limited, trading as EcoHOLMEs.
We may change this privacy notice from time to time in order to reflect changes in the law and/or our privacy practices.
2. EcoHOLMEs AND OUR DATA PROTECTION OFFICER (DPO)
EcoHOLMEs is a Community Land Trust (CLT) set up by local people to build and own homes for the long-term benefit of the Holme Valley community. Established as a local, independent and not-for-profit charitable organisation registered as a charitable Community Benefit Society (CBS), this community business was specially created for the purpose of building affordable low-energy homes for our community.
EcoHOLMEs is the trading name of the Holme Valley Community Land Trust Limited, a Community Benefit Society incorporated under the Cooperative and Community Benefit Society Act 2014, and registered with the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) with registration number 8289.
The EcoHOLMEs Company Secretary (John Queening) has been appointed by the Management Board as the EcoHOLMEs DPO. You can contact the DPO by writing to the above registered address, marking it for the attention of the Data Protection Officer.
3. WHAT KINDS OF PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU DO WE PROCESS?
The Company holds personal information about its members in order to operate the society and pay interest to its members. This information includes:
- Personal and contact details, such as title, full name, contact details and contact details history
- Date of birth, gender and/or age
- The number of shares held in the society
- Bank details and payment preferences
- Details of beneficiaries where nominated
- Attendance at AGMs and proxy votes on AGM resolutions, if made
4. WHAT IS THE SOURCE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
The personal information we hold was provided by:
- membership applications at the time of joining
- membership updates where we have been notified by members. We do not collect personal information from third parties.
5. WHAT DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA FOR?
We use your personal data, including any of the personal data listed in section 1 above, for the following purposes:
- Operation of the community benefit society
- Processing of membership payments and donations
- Maintenance of the share register
- Notification of meetings
- Payment of interest / repayment of capital
- Where requested the circulation of newsletters.
- To comply with legal and regulatory obligations, requirements and guidance
6. WHAT ARE THE LEGAL GROUNDS FOR OUR PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We rely on the following legal bases to use your personal data:
Where it is needed to provide you with our products or services, such as:
- Determining the policy for distribution of capital
- Making a payment of interest / repayment of capital
- Updating our records,
- For management and audit of our business operations including accounting
Where we need to share your personal information with people or organisations in order to run our business or comply with any legal and/or regulatory obligations
7. WHEN DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH OTHER ORGANISATIONS?
We only share information with third parties where we have a legal or regulatory obligation to do so.
These bodies include:
Governmental and regulatory bodies such as HMRC, the Financial Conduct Authority, the Prudential Regulation Authority, the Ombudsman, the Information Commissioner’s Office and under the Financial Services Compensation Scheme.
8. HOW AND WHEN CAN YOU WITHDRAW YOUR CONSENT?
Where we’re relying upon your consent to process personal data, you can withdraw this at any time by contacting us using the details above.
9. IS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TRANSFERRED OUTSIDE THE UK OR THE EEA?
We do not transfer your personal data outside of the UK or the EEA.
10. WHAT SHOULD YOU DO IF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION CHANGES?
You should tell us so that we can update our records by contacting the Data Protection Officer using the contact details above. We’ll then update your records if we can.
11. FOR HOW LONG IS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION RETAINED BY US?
Unless we explain otherwise to you, we will hold your personal information based on the following criteria:
- For as long as we have reasonable business needs, such as managing our relationship with you and managing our operations
- Retention periods in line with legal and regulatory requirements or guidance.
12.WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS
UNDER DATA PROTECTION LAWS?
Here is a list of the rights that all individuals have under data protection laws. They do not apply in all circumstances. If you wish to use any of them, we will explain at that time if they are engaged or not. The right of data portability is only relevant from May 2018.
- The right to be informed about the processing of your personal information
- The right to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal information completed
- The right to object to processing of your personal information
- The right to restrict processing of your personal information
- The right to have your personal information erased (the “right to be forgotten”)
- The right to request access to your personal information and to obtain information about how we process it
- The right to move, copy or transfer your personal information (“data portability”)
- Rights in relation to automated decision making which has a legal effect or otherwise significantly affects you
- You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office which enforces data protection laws: https://ico.org.uk/. You can contact us using the details below.
13. CONTACT US
If you have any questions about this privacy notice, or if you wish to exercise your rights or contact the DPO, you can contact us by writing to EcoHOLMEs, Overbrook House, Holt Lane, HOLMFIRTH, HD9 3BW, West Yorkshire, UK, marking it for the attention of the Data Protection Officer.